Severn Healthcare are delighted to introduce the Adjustable Bi-Flanged Fistula Prosthesis by Blom-Singer® for the management of hypopharyngeal fistulae.
Designed by Eric D. Blom, Ph.D., the Blom-Singer® Adjustable Bi-Flanged Fistula Prosthesis is made from medical grade silicone and is designed to reduce leakage of saliva, food and drink through the Hypopharyngeal Fistula.
The prosthesis comes in 3 diameters: 25mm, 38mm and 50mm, promoting accuracy of fit. The prosthesis helps to:
Seal the fistula
- Helps maintain a dry tract
- Reduces leakage of saliva and food / drink into soft tissue or external to the body
Promotes cost savings
- Easy to install / remove with catheter
- May be placed in theatre or in the out-patient department
- May reduce length of stay and associated costs
Frequently asked questions
What is included in the offering?
An insertion and Removal Catheter (I&R) is provided with the 25mm and 38mm Prosthesis The 50mm Adjustable Bi-Flanged Fistula Prosthesis does not require the I&R Catheter.
Is is sterile?
What is the shelf life?
Three year shelf-life from date of manufacture.
Can this device be reprocessed for multi-patient use?
No, single patient use only.