ReDura - Synthetic Dural Substitute
ReDura™ is a biomimetic, absorbable and 100% synthetic dural substitute. Made of PLLA, a well proven and researched synthetic material, it is designed to promote the rapid repair and regeneration of the dura following open cranial surgery.
ReDura™ has excellent handling characteristics and the structure of the patch closely mimics that of the natural extracellular matrix (ECM), thus providing a favourable environment for dural cell migration, proliferation and growth. During the healing phase, the product provides a watertight barrier, preventing the leakage of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and its associated complications. Unlike some other dural substitutes, ReDura™ does not swell.
- Synthetic- no risk of animal infection
- Watertight with hydrophobic properties to prevent CSF leakage
- High Mechanical strength and Anti-adhesion allows for excellent handling in the surgical field
- Close conformity to patient’s anatomy - similar to native Dura
- Can be used in Onlay and sutured closure techniques, no need for multiple patches to be kept on the shelf.
|How it works||How to use ReDura|
|ReDura Sizing Chart|
|RDS-1||15mm x 20mm|
|RDS-2||20mm x 30mm|
|RDS-3||30mm x 40mm|
|RDS-4||40mm x 60mm|
|RDS-5||60mm x 60mm|
|RDS-6||60mm x 80mm|
|RDS-7||60mm x 140mm|
|RDS-8||80mm x 80mm|
|RDS-9||80mm x 120mm|
|RDS-10||100mm x 150mm|
|RDS-11||150mm x 150mm|